1917 DB roof same as 1925?

db17

I can tell you for sure they are not the same. Could it be made to fit? I suppose it's possible. The most obvious diffeerence you can see in side view photos of the car is where the 2nd top bow pivots on the rear-most (number 1) bow. On 24-26 this point is about half the distance up of the exposed iron (top up). The older cars have it mounted down low and close to where the rear iron bolts to the body. I have a 25 in need of top irons but I suspect it will be priced out of my reach...

Thanks Mike,

There is one on e-bay right now should be ending soon.

I will be going to a big swap meet in OK, next month. If I find a top for a DB can you give me any tips on how to know if it will fit my car? Car this old is totally new to me so I'm like one of the three blind mice.

Any help will be appriciated.

db17, (Hector)

Hector,

This link has some good photos of a '17 touring car with the top up.

Dodge Rare Dodge Brothers Touring Car! | Buy a Dodge Classic Car for Sale at UsedCarsPlus.com

I think the best thing to do is try and find someone in your area who has a car you can inspect in-person. Then draw up a diagram that shows the major elements and measure the distances between pivot points, to socket ends, etc. The attached is what I drew up for my '25, where A, B, etc. are the dimensions. Someone on this forum with a '17 will help you out I'm sure.

post-74074-143138849019_thumb.jpg