1925 Master 6 oil pump

Jim Bourque

I hope this is the correct place to post this request.

I am in the process of rebuilding a 1925 Master 6 engine and have not been able to locate a serviceable oil pump. I currently have 4 pumps with a casting # of 165487 (part #?) and all are worn out. I have contacted a custom gear shop to have oversize pump gears made and to re-machine the housing and resurface the bronze lower plate. This pump I know was used in the 24 and 25 Master 6'S and probably used in the later Master's as well. If the same pump was used in the Standard 6,(maybe one of the Buick experts that visit this site would know) this would open up the possibility of a need to produce a number of these gears verses the 2 sets I am going have made. Pricing would drop dramatically with a run of 15-20 sets.

I am also looking for a good starter drive gear that goes on the starter/generator shaft for the same 1925 Master 6

If you are in need of these gears or have any thoughts or suggestions please feel free to contact me at bourque@hughes.net

Thanks

Jim Bourque

Thank you Leif.

On the 1929Buick.com site I found a copy of a 1926 engineering book that shows the standard and master oil pumps. The standard pump housing is different from the master but I could not read the part #s to see if the gears were the same.

I cant believe I am the only person out there with a worn out oil pump??? !!!

Jim

East Dover Vermont