1952 Pontiac 4Dr Sedan

Dosmo

I looked at this one today - Chieftain - looks like repaint about 10 years ago - a few scratches, straight - a few small rust bubbles and surface rust visible above rocker moldings. Interior re-upholstered 10 years ago - flathead 8 w/hydramatic tranny. Supposedly drives out well. Dude said his dad is owner, but dad is sick, car has to go. Dad has owned car 10 years and has sunk over $15,000 in the car. Son tried to tell him he would never get the money back out of the car, but to no avail. They've been trying to sell it for a while - started at $8000, then $6000, now $4500, offered it to me for $4000. Just wondering - if a car like this could be bought for $2500, would that leave any room to flip it for a little profit?52Pontiac4.jpg52Pontiac3.jpg52Pontiac1.jpg52Pontiac2.jpg

Edited by 54nuyorkrwagon
pics (see edit history)

Not if you intend to return it back to stock and flip it. Restored, that car would be a neat little gem. The disadvantage is it's a four door, the advantage, it's a Deluxe Eight and a HydraMatic.

D.

Edited by helfen (see edit history)

I haven't heard it run, but I gotta tell ya that it looks pretty darn nice. The son of the owner told me the car didn't run for several years and the battery died. He had a friend get it started and they ran it a little - he said he drove it about 30 miles and it ran okay. He kept saying that he had never driven a car that old, so he didn't know how to gauge its performance - this raised a small flag for me - I asked how the transmission shifted and got the same line again.

I would only be interested in it to flip it and I don't think there's enough demand for this kind of car to be able to pull that off as quickly as I'd want to, so I guess I'll just forget about it. Thanks to everyone for input.