WANTED: JACK for 63 Rvi

Guest 1963 Riviera

Guest Kinmann

Hello!

I know of a gentleman who has a complete jack and hardware for the 1st Generation Rivi for sale right now.

He is a stand-up guy, truthful, honest, Shoots you pics, etc.

His name is James Kehr, his # 215-767-0845

I am not related or affiliated to him, I've just bought parts from him and he's always done me right!

Take care,

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bigoldv8

I gotta get my hands on that spring & hook to hold it in place. Think I have a lead on that. Does the lug wrench really just lay there or is it supposed to be under the spare tire or something like that?

It's been so long since I looked at my jack (can't get to it now, the cars in storage) but if I remember correctly, there was a large inner-tube type rubber band around the jack that would hold the tire iron firmly to it. That way the tire iron wasn't on the floor, nor did it rattle around anywhere. It could have been something the previous owner added. My spare was on the floor rather than under the shelf.

Ed

Guest bigoldv8

That would make sense. I think I've seen that before on other cars. My spare tire is supposed to be on the shelf. Right now it's a beat up bare rim! I've seen the wrench just laying on top of the spare tire or cinched down under it. It's funny how so many people don't bother to put the jack/tools back in properly. Sometimes it's quite a puzzle but the owners manual generally has enough info to figure it out. What? Owner's manual? what's that? ha

Guest Kinmann

I posted a number for a guy who has several original jacks for the first generation Riv....FYI, the one on Ebay for sale....Is his! Do yourself a favor, call James with the jack for sale! Speak directly to James who is selling the Jack that is mentioned above for sale on Ebay.

Guest Kinmann

Well heck....I just looked at the Ebay listing....2 bids and its up to $176.99

Who knew a complete Jack could be worth so much! But, I'd still call him! I'm sure he has a few more sets.

Good Luck, Kevin