re-chrome source ?

sosuzguy

Jayson:

You don't indicate what year emblems you're looking to rechrome, but I assume '79 - '85? If so, wouldn't it be cheaper to just find some nice used or NOS? I just bought a set of NOS emblems for my '85 turbo convert from the guy who is selling these...

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

If those don't work for you maybe he could get you some NOS emblems? Worth an inquiry...

Wow, that place is local to me. I didn't even know they existed. Are you pleased with the work they have done? I'd love to find a quality local chrome shop, as I have a lot of parts that will need chrome work.

Rob.

Rob,

They were pleasant to deal with, completed the project within the time frame we discussed, and the final price was the estimated price.

The job's quality was excellent.

I have used a closer place for show chrome of my metal work, Librandi's in PA:

Librandi's Plating

But if Universal is local to you, their website shows some pretty involved plating.

Al I have the two "Riviera" embalems from the sides and the one from the trunk that I am wanting to get rechromed before they go on a newly painted car. I will check with him when I get home. Thanks

I was thinking that there was only one place in the US that could actually do REAL chroming instead of some cheap overlay. I'll check them out.

Edited by sosuzguy (see edit history)

Rob,

They were pleasant to deal with, completed the project within the time frame we discussed, and the final price was the estimated price.

The job's quality was excellent.

I have used a closer place for show chrome of my metal work, Librandi's in PA:

Librandi's Plating

But if Universal is local to you, their website shows some pretty involved plating.

Not only are they local to me, they are abut 5 minutes away.