Barrett Jackson

Guest steveskyhawk

Guest steveskyhawk

According to the principals, prices, attendance and enthusiasm is up at the BJ Scottsdale auction. Craig Jackson made a comment that he is seeing "new money" coming into this years event. That is good news for everyone.

Those that don't believe that the Reatta is a "collectible" risk being on the sidelines when collectors begin to pony up handsome amounts for these cars. I suggest that we all avoid the situation where we will ever regret saying "remember when". We are living in the "good old days".

There is kind of a pattern with collectors. People like to buy "collectibles" that were new cars when they were teenagers. Brings back fond memories. My advice is go out and buy the nicest example of Reatta you can afford. Cant go wrong with a convertible.

The problem is that you saw these cars as much then as you see now-not much. No song was written about them, none in any car chase movie, no big rock star beside one. They are just not in popular culture then or now. If they were showcased in a famous country western song twenty years ago I would not be able to enjoy (afford) ownership of the two I have.

The problem is that you saw these cars as much then as you see now-not much. No song was written about them, none in any car chase movie, no big rock star beside one. They are just not in popular culture then or now. If they were showcased in a famous country western song twenty years ago I would not be able to enjoy (afford) ownership of the two I have.

Yes, but, they were featured on the spray cans of Prestone Deicer.

post-30613-1431388111_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jim (see edit history)