I found these in the trunk of my DB...what are they?

Guest brian j

Dave,

Good eye!. I own Kissels. While these are NOT the square factory Kissel bumper brackets (optional from 1919 to 1923 only), these may be the then-available "sleeved" type which the holes on the side of the tube suggest. Quite unique.

If the square opening is 1.5 inches or so, (I am guessing) then these would fit a Kissel Nickel bar bumper.

Do you know the size?

Are you interested in selling them to a Kissel guy who can use them?

Thanks, RON

Guest brian j

Hi. Brian here. Thanks for the replies. I was just curious as to what they were for. I'm pretty sure these are the same as on the Kissel in the pic. I have no plans of using them, and i would be glad to see them put to use on the appropriate car. I'm sorry it didn't come through on the pic, but the "hooked" tip, on one of the brackets was broken off, on the section that attaches to the frame horn. It shouldn't affect function, and a good welder may be able to add metal to re-create the tip. If you are still interested, just drop me an email at beelee167@gmail.com and let me know what you feel is a fair price for them, and i'll try to see if i can make them go your way. I do not have the crossbar/bumper to go with them, and there is a little movement i can wiggle between the base, and the crosspiece mounts, which suggests to me they might be adjustable/removable, as you suggested. But i haven't tried to move them with any force. Shipping via priority mail with delivery confirmation will run about $12.00.........By the way, i also received with the car an extra Dodge Brothers radiator, with cowl attached, and a nice emblem on it, but it is larger than mine, and is not the appropriate one for my car. I know nothing about it's condition, if a person would be interested in it "as is" i will entertain offers. I can ship it, but it's pretty heavy, and i expect it will be pricey to ship. It was stored away in a shed, and i noticed a bunch of stuff piled on it,and of course bent fins, but it looks allright. Send me an email at the above address, and i'll send you pics. Regards.