66 Riv GS on ebay

JZRIV

The color and price of this car caught my eye so I checked the ad a little closer out of curiousity.

This is an excellent example of what appears to be a misrepresented car or if its not, the seller has some "splaining" to do. I don't think anyone would be foolish enough to buy for the price and good thing for the seller because a buyer might not be too happy if they waited until after the purchase to educate themselves.

The fact there are no pics of the engine should be enough of a red flag but there is another one in the photos. Can you find it?

Buick : Riviera Buick : Riviera | eBay

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

Guest carlbraun

OK...I'll bite...I cant make out a GS emblem on the dash...

why someone would display a car on ebay without at least one engine shot is, indeed, strange.

Randy gets star on forehead :D. Not only are they the wrong GS emblems, the location is off. Wonder what the seller means by "has GS interior"

Sounds more like BS, than GS.

Guest Kinmann

Too often in the game of peddling cars, people throw some badges on a car, use words of trickery like "As close to original GS as you'll find" and find some sucker out there to dip into the 401K and bring his prized jewel home!

I'm always tempted to call people out on it.....But realize I have better things to do.

• 2 weeks later...

St. Louis craigslist ad

1966 Buick Riviera "GS" - $12500 (Kirkwood)

Date: 2011-12-28, 10:54AM CST

Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

1966 Buick Riviera "GS" Split Bench Seat, Auto, PS, PB, Factory A/C (works), PW, PL, Tilt Wheel, Power Seats, 62,xxx Original Miles, White Vinyl Top, White Interior. Car was originally owned by NASCAR driver great and hall of famer David Pearson. Car was originally from Spartanburg, NC. Asking $12,500 OBO. Please call 314.491.9609 and leave a message.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2726326105

No contact info?

if the poster didn't include a phone number, email, or

other contact info, craigslist can notify them via email.

Copyright © 2011 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum