1961 Buick LeSabre

Guest stage71@att.net

Guest stage71@att.net

I don't really have to have an expensive two door bubbletop, or convertible. I would prefer an unmolested, unhotrodded, basic original car. And I don't need a show car. My father had two of them while I was growing up, and I can't seem to look at one without seeing him. So let me know what you have. Thanks. Jim

I don't really have to have an expensive two door bubbletop, or convertible. I would prefer an unmolested, unhotrodded, basic original car. And I don't need a show car. My father had two of them while I was growing up, and I can't seem to look at one without seeing him. So let me know what you have. Thanks. Jim

Jim,

Where are you located?

what about an Electra?

1961 Buick Electra

1961 Buick Electra

1961 Buick Electra beautiful inside /out

1961 buick hardtop - THE H.A.M.B.

Guest stage71@att.net

Thanks guys, I did see some of those cars which are quite nice for the money. But as funny as it sounds( because the're almost identical cars) I want to stick with looking for a LeSabre. The roofline looks a little different then on the Electra, and the interior is a different pattern. That may sound a little crazy, but for the first twenty some years of my life, I remember that pattern, and I'm looking to get as close to my dads cars as possible. My dads first one was a four door hard top. His second was a four door flat top with the b piller, post sedan, whatever you want to call it.I don't know model numbers for this year of Buick. But I want to get as close to that as possible. I live in south eastern Wisconsin, and I would drive out within a 300 miles to look at the right car. I appreciate the response, and links you've provided me. Jim

• 7 months later...
Guest stage71@att.net

Thanks for the link Phil. That car is exactly like my dad's second one,with post doors,and flat top even the same color. I would be going after it, except this past winter I found one just like his first one. Great condition, well cared for, and even the same color as his first one. A fawn colored four door hard top, which will be attending its first car show, an all Buick show on August 4th. That would be Salentine Buick in Muskego Wisconsin. Now yes I've run the idea of having both past my wife since I saw it on ebay. However unless I want to live in a 61 Buick I will have to be content with the one I have. Thanks. Jim

Guest Phils61bubble

Glad you found "the car" Jim. I know what it's like to be on "the hunt" - especially for a car with that brings back memories. Would hate to hear that you'd have to live in it though. Enjoy that first show. Phil