Help with this clip

Guest carlbraun

Guest carlbraun

I have a few of these clips sprinkled around the engine bay of my 65 Riviera. THey are used to route wire harnesses across the front of the core support and along the drivers inner fender.

Does anyone know where I can find these?

I havent been able to find these in the traditional catologs.

rivrestopics003.jpg

Edited by carlbraun (see edit history)

Guest carlbraun

Rob

Yes...I found what appears to be the clip and hope it is the same size I need. Cars, Inc describes the part as a 67 and up positive battery cable clip.

They're 3.00 each so Im gonna buy enough to replace all of the stock clips on the car. I'll take the opportunity to order some more stuff from them that i have been holding off on.

Thanks for the heads up...it took my about 20 min to thumb thru my latest Cars, Inc catalog to find the clip...now the only thing left is to determine how much more they cost now than when the catalog was printed.

The next clip i need is the metal rectangular clip thats measures 1" x 2" and holds the rubber strips that are mounted on the core support and direct air into the radiator. Each one of these vertical rubber strips has 2 of these push in clips and no one seems to be advertising them. Do you know which one I mean?

Rob

Yes...I found what appears to be the clip and hope it is the same size I need. Cars, Inc describes the part as a 67 and up positive battery cable clip.

They're 3.00 each so Im gonna buy enough to replace all of the stock clips on the car. I'll take the opportunity to order some more stuff from them that i have been holding off on.

Thanks for the heads up...it took my about 20 min to thumb thru my latest Cars, Inc catalog to find the clip...now the only thing left is to determine how much more they cost now than when the catalog was printed.

The next clip i need is the metal rectangular clip thats measures 1" x 2" and holds the rubber strips that are mounted on the core support and direct air into the radiator. Each one of these vertical rubber strips has 2 of these push in clips and no one seems to be advertising them. Do you know which one I mean?

Carl, I'm not quite sure I know which clips those are. Do you have a pic?

Rob.

Rob

Stop! Don't buy the Cars clip yet. I thought the same thing but what I got in the mail was a larger white clip that wouldn't work. Call first to be sure.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest carlbraun
Stop! Don't buy the Cars clip yet. I thought the same thing but what I got in the mail was a larger white clip that wouldn't work. Call first to be sure.

Patrick

When I called CARS, Inc to discuss this clip i was told by the order taker that he couldnt look at the part because it was "located way in the back" and he didnt remember if it was black or white. When I told him I needed the exact clip that was shown in their catalog he went on a rant on how the picture is only a representation and may not be the exact clip. He sounded like an attorney...he wouldnt shut up:mad: So I told him that since he didnt want to get off of his ass to help me with my $$$$ order I would simply order one of the clips and see if it was what I wanted.

The clip arrived and it is NOT what I wanted. It is black and is similar to what I need but its twice the size of the original one. Its strange that no one is offering these clips as they were used on a bunch of GM cars...I think I just need to keep looking. I hit Year One and other GM resto sites and found nothing. But I'll keep looking.

Find an auto body supply shop in your area that handles the Au-ve-co line of fasteners. If Au-ve-co doesn't have it, it's not available.

They apparently don't have their own website but there are enough online retailers who carry their products that do have their own websites. Type Au-ve-co in your Google browser and go through some of the links. I'm betting you'll find what you're looking for.

Ed

Guest carlbraun
Find an auto body supply shop in your area that handles the Au-ve-co line of fasteners. If Au-ve-co doesn't have it, it's not available.

They apparently don't have their own website but there are enough online retailers who carry their products that do have their own websites. Type Au-ve-co in your Google browser and go through some of the links. I'm betting you'll find what you're looking for.

Ed

Ed

Thanks for the info...they have a neat website with lots of cool hard-to-find parts but no dice on the clip I need. They do have some that are close so I may find the closest one and buy a bag. Plan B would be to use the white or black "loop" plastic straps that are found on many 60's vehicles. They are a strap that has a plastic stud that pops into the sheetmetal hole, then loops around the wires and then another plastic stud pops into the same orignal hole. Low visual impact and they 'look" correct.

option #1 - Saturn Wire Routing Clip 7/16 Stm Lgth 9/32 Stm Dia

option #2 -

Nylon Routing Clip

option #3 -

Bmw & Mercedes Wire Routing Clip 7mm X 10mm I.D.

option #4 -

Engine Compartment Wire Clip For 1/4 Tube

which one do you like?

If only I was restoring a GTO or Camaro. I looked through a Year One GTO catalog and you can build one of those from the tires on up...including stencil kits for the correct markings on your fuel tank.

I may buy a couple of packs to see what works and what doesnt. I may also have to modify the size of the plastic insert stud as some of them are slighly oversized for the factory hole in the core support and inner fender.