NEED M5 REAR LEFT WHEEL CYLINDER

1928fb

Hi, I am in need of a left rear wheel cylinder for my 1947 m5 wagner #195166.

I rebuilt the front ones and found a nos one for the right rear but the left rear is not rebuildable.I would would be happy with anything, nos ,rebuilt ,or rebuildable. thanks phil

My Wagner brake catalog #HU-702 shows for 1942-48 M5 1/2ton truck their number for left rear wheel cylinder assy [1-1/4" - 1] is 9602. Right rear is 9603, repair kit is #3623

Stude8

I just found an earlier Wagner catalog in my files #AU500 (1939-53) and it lists for 1941-48 M5 truck left rear wheel cylinder their number FC5983 & for right rear FC5984.

It shows these are step bore type and both use FC3623 parts kit.

Stude8

• 1 month later...
Guest Studenut

Just a note if anyone is reading this thread. Speedway Parts has new (made in China) wheel cylinders with the 1" X 11/4" step bore and stainless steel sleeves already installed for $50.00 each. I got two of them for the front of my M16, and except for the fact that they don't say "Wagner" they are an exact duplicate. Since these are made for Fords, the pistons have to be replaced with your old pistons as the push rod in the Ford pistons are too long. If you try to use the cylinders as is and adjust the brakes all the way in the small piston will be pushed back into the larger bore making quite a mess.