Silver Arrow II ??

Guest 75RivGS

conceptcarz.com There is a pic of the Silver arrow I from Meadow Brook Concours d' Elegance with "II" in the backround... That's all I could find.

AFAIK, there was no Silver Arrow based on the second generation Riviera. There were 2 based on the third generation boat tail version which were the Silver Arrow II & III.

I even checked the GM Heritage site to confirm this. I would think the information they provide should be accurate.

I only knew Shure from microphones... learn here everyday :-)

Ha! same company I belive, I forgot about the mics! I was in a band also for a few years. The good 'ol days...

Guest 75RivGS

Found them (note the license plates):

SilverarrowII1.jpg

SilverarrowII2.jpg

Thought (but it could be my imagination) the scenery could be the same where Buick also made other 'factory' photos like this 68 Wildcat;

bwc68.jpg

I mean "sure" I used to be a DJ "Shure" is a record needle company! oops.

Used to use Shure Styli back in the day, before Ortofon Concorde's came on the scene. Still have Ortofon Concorde "Nightclub" styli on my old Technics 1200's

"Retired Professional DJ here"

Edited by Rob J (see edit history)

Obvious the grill is different from a 70 model:

1970buickrivierafactoryphotowww.jpg

But I don't see anything identifying it as a Silver Arrow though. Bill Mitchell was personally involved with Silver Arrows I, II & III and they were all painted silver. It's hard to tell what color this car is because of the b&w photo.

Used to use Shure Styli back in the day, before Ortofon Concorde's came on the scene. Still have Ortofon Concorde "Nightclub" styli on my old Technics 1200's

"Retired Professional DJ here"

Nice! 1200's are indestructible. I still have and occasionally use the pair I bought in 1987! I was more of a "scratch" DJ/ producer...