1:18 scale Riv's...

Guest BIGRIV

I was doing some consulting work for the guys at Hiway 61 when they were going through the R&D to make a '63 Riviera. They'd already done a '64 so there wasn't going to be that much to change. I took a bunch of pictures and scaled them for their prototypes. I hadn't heard from them for a while so I called and was told that the '63 had been dropped because they hadn't sold enough preorders to their large vendors.

I've heard nothing for a couple of years of anyone coming out with any new Rivieras in the 1:18 scale.

If there's not a big demand for a large community of buyers, the cars don't get made.

Ed

Guest Kingoftheroad

I've got a 1:18 scale 71 Riv and I've seen 1:18 64s. I don't remember hearing anything about making 66 or 67s in 1:18 scale.

I have never fully understood the logic behind certain cars being chosen to be replicated by the various manufacturers in any scale - while I'm sure they have definite reasons for choosing some cars, some diecast renderings defy all logic. Hopefully, someday we'll get to see additional Rivieras available in 1/18 scale !

Guest 75RivGS
I have never fully understood the logic behind certain cars being chosen to be replicated by the various manufacturers in any scale - eI'm sure they hle !

that's why I was really surprised a model of the 74 LeSabre is available now...nice car but I Cimagine vendors would have choosen another more popular model...still I hope Father Cristmas will be good for me this year and have the LeSabre as a gift.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest RivyRob

hey all

I have 2 1966 (one i made, the other is still in the box) Riv Models and 3 1969 still in the box....as soon as I saw it I bought it---the other 2 were gifts. But they are not 1:18 they are 1: 25 scale.They are made by AMT. the 69 has an optional front end and interior, wheels(2 sets) and tires dash boards2 amazing amount of combinations possible. the other front end resembles a 67 while the other interior guages also resemle a 67 . It has 2 air cleaners ---one like a fry pan the other a 67 star wars air cleaner. cant wait!!!

What's up RivyRob, hows it going? Are those models you are referring to diecast?...You should post a couple pics of your rides, I'd like to check them out. (the ones you drive) haha :D

i would love to get a model of a 71 riviera so hard to find

I got my 71 at the world of wheels "swap meet" vendors a few years back. I do still see them available on line tho...

Ya'll need to expand your searches to somewhere besides under your beds.

http://www.amazon.com/Buick-Riviera-Diecast-Model-Black/dp/B001NO7QUE

I'm not saying this to be disrespectful, but I typed "diecast riviera 1:18" in Google and this was the first item that popped up. It took me all of 30 seconds.

There are four other vendors listed at the bottom of this listing - a bronze with brown vinyl top, another black one, two red ones, and white with tan top. Take your pick. Prices are decent too. If I'm correct, Mat Ying was the only company that produced a 1:18 boattail.

There's an older gentleman here in the Kansas City area (Raytown to be exact) who carved a 1/25 scale model of a boattail. It look really good. He also carved one as a convertible with a tonneau cover over the back seats. It would have been quite a car if it were really built to full size. Can you imagine a two seat boattail car as big as a Riviera?

Guest RivyRob

Hi All,

Just to clarify, both '66 and '69 are 1/25 and are kits that you put together yourself.

Made by AMT. You also have to paint the body's too. Take Care All Enjoy Your Rivy's

Merry Christmas to All

Guest RivyRob
What's up RivyRob, hows it going? Are those models you are referring to diecast?...You should post a couple pics of your rides, I'd like to check them out. (the ones you drive) haha :D

Hi Michael (BIGRIV);

Things are well. As soon as I can figure out my new phone and how to download pics to my computer, I will do that, though nothing much to see as now they both need to be redone, well my '67 GS was bought needing restoration.

Merry Christmas to you and everyone else.

RivyRob