2- 1953 buicks nashville craigs list

pphil

Too bad that someone apparently smashed the windshields and back glass. By the time you add transporation costs, $3500 is a lot of money for two cars that don't run, need the expensive pieces of glass, and need just about everything else except major body work. I can't even generate any interest in the six 1949-52 Buick parts cars that are sitting in a salvage yard near me--six for $4000, but who has room for six cars?

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Texas

Guest shadetree77

Completely agree about the transport costs. I look for old project cars on the internet all the time and they are all so far away that it would cost me as much as I pay for the car to go and get it, if not more! Its pretty frustrating. I can't tell you how many times I've run across ads for cars under a $1000 that I would LOVE to have but can't afford to go get. The worst part is when the ad says if they don't sell soon, they're off to the crusher! Too bad I'm not really interested in 53's. These are relatively close to me for a change. Hope somebody saves em' though.

Edited by shadetree77 (see edit history)

It's certainly worth a call to see if the seller will seperate. I am sure he would if there is no interest for both together. For, what, $1250, the better one would be a nice project. 1st year V8 is a draw, not so much because the straight 8 was a dog, but it signaled a sea change for Buick. Lower, shorter hoods changed the profile.

Keith likes the 53 over the 54, but both are nice designs in their own way.

I noted Power Steering pump on one of those cars. That's the one to get.

Content in case it drops off the radar-

Here are (2) 1953 Buick Supers. They are 2dr hardtops in pretty good condition. Both cars are very buildable and use both to build one super nice car. There is some rust in the floors but not too bad. One car ran about 4-5 years ago when parked. First year for the V8. One has excellent side chrome. Both have good titles. Extra parts. Can help with delivery. Please call 615-325-7174 for more info.

• 3 weeks later...