31 CHEVROLET - BARN FIND - FOR SALE

Guest C.H.E.V.R.O.L.E.T.

Guest C.H.E.V.R.O.L.E.T.

Found this running '31 when I went to look at a '60s muscle car.

post-79427-14313868209_thumb.jpg

here's over 50+ pics I took on the weekend.

Pictures by fast_in_muskoka - Photobucket

It's in better shape than the younger chevy I was looking at, but it costs more.

It solid, runs and it's for sale @ $7500.

I have no experience with these older cars.

What's it worth ?

Guest C.H.E.V.R.O.L.E.T.

This car is solid, the seats have been recovered, the floor is all there, the only rotten wood is right behind the windsheild visor, and the replacement hardwood piece is with the car. I haven't seen the seats yet, or the new roof. What would a new roof look like, is it a roll of material ? Thanks for the response.

A friend at work looked at a 30 Buick 4-door sedan in super solid shape last spring - I'm pretty sure it is still for sale at $6000 - the headliner had a 6" tear, but other than that it was a little wax and drive-it HPOF car. The market for any sedans in the 20's and 30's seems to have more than died.

I'd think $3000 to $3500 for the Chevrolet would be about it even if the lights and visor are there. As for a restoration - you can expect to put another 12-15K into that car - you can buy one with an older restoration in the $7500 range if you take your time and shop around.

To answer your question, the roof is a rolled out material usually over a chicken-wire mesh & wood slats - which also hang the headliner once the interior is done.