Seeking possible trade F350 diesel crew cab ford for Auburn

I have been looking into aquiring an Auburn for some time and haven't had luck finding one. I'm looking for a 31-33 Convertible sedan. Choice number 1 or possibly a a speedster replica choice number 2. I really appreciate original cars so I would rather have an original car than a plastic replica but I'm open to offers. Other Auburns considered as well. Possibly other cars. ( you know what I like based on my above taste)

What I have is an absolutely mint 2005 Ford F350 Crew cab diesel 4 wheel drive truck loaded with extras, including lariat package power moon roof, heated leather as well as extras I have added including a linex spray in liner, Polished stainless toolbox, Bug Guard door handle shields visors, Tonneau cover,Chrome mirror covers, etc. It's dark toreador red metallic. I ordered it brand new from Ford. It currently has around 16,500 miles on it. (oil changes every 3000 miles with Rotella T) It has always been stored in a heated garage and never seen snow. It's rarely seen rain except when I go to Hershey:D. That's the only time it's left outside.

Smells new, Looks new inside out and underneath.( Absolutely rust free everywheres) It's never been worked or used for hauling, although it was ordered with the full tow package and extra heavy duty hitch.

I treat it like one of my vintage cars.

I recently bought a work truck that pretty much makes this unneeded so I would like to possibly trade it for something I have always wanted. Straight up for a nice replica (the more original looking the better) or possibly with some of my Cash for an original convertible sedan. (condition of course dictates the deal) I will consider most, even needing work.

You could only buy a nicer truck if you went down to your local ford dealer and laid out 58,000 for a new one.

I value the truck at around 36,500.

That's where I'm at. What do you have. I'll try to get photos of it but it's raining now so it will stay in the dry garage for the day.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ChrisSummers

Auburnseeker, I highly suggest joining the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Club if you are looking for a car. We accept both original cars and second generation cars. We're a great group of people and you will be welcomed with open arms.

http://www.acdclub.org

P.S. I don't really track values seriously but would imagine you'll have better luck on that trade for the second generation speedster. Phaetons are trading far and beyond your value of the truck.

Edited by ChrisSummers (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got a chance to get my truck out of the garage, dust it off and get some good pictures. I'm figuring a good convertible sedan is going to be anywhere from my value on the truck of 36500 on the low end needing some work to 70,000 or so on the high end like the one that sold at Auction at Hershey. I can make the difference up for the right car. Let me know what you have. I have about 50 Pictures I can email to anyone interested. Nothing is wrong with this truck at all. It's just beautiful.

post-43003-143138691535_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143138691537_thumb.jpg

post-43003-14313869154_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143138691542_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143138691545_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143138691546_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143138691548_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143138691551_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143138691553_thumb.jpg

post-43003-143138691556_thumb.jpg

• 6 months later...

That's a very specific vehicle to a very specific owner for a very specific trade. I think you will do better selling it outright and putting that plus the cash you intended to make up any difference towards an outright purchase of the car you seek. I can see you waiting several lifetimes waiting for this deal to come together otherwise.

Actually very true, it would make the deal easy if the right guy saw your post, didn't mean to rib ya on that, just offering advice to help you get into the car you wanted quicker. Congrats on your purchase, pics on another thread yet! Ready to run or does she need restored?

I've owned it for 2 months now and my shipper hasn't picked it up yet. It's been in storage for decades (it was actually put in storage the year I was born so they have ben saving it for me:) )so it needs a thurough going through as well as a complete overhaul of the brake system, tires, etc. but it looks like I might beable to work with the interior and finish so I can enjoy it as is without having to do a complete restoration.

I've been waiting to post any info about it until I have it in my garage. I'm just being a little superstitous about telling anybody what it is. I still have a hard time believing I actually own one. Atleast I think I own it. All I have right now is the title and a couple of photos. I haven't even seen it in person yet. I had a friend inspect it. It's in Callifornia and I'm in upstate NY. I'm getting a little anxious now!!

Lets hope for the best right now and possible delivery by the end of the month so I can finally see what I bought and get to work on.

I'll post a big unveilling when it arrives in the General forum.

Haha, I totally understand. When I found my MB coupe it was sold out from under me the morning I was going to make payment, the buyer then missed his three-day window to complete payment so it became available to me again. I was there when the doors opened that morning! During the couple of weeks waiting for the title to arrive from the DMV (state transfer) I did not mention the car online or show it to anyone in the event the original owner changed his mind or some other fluke. Paranoid maybe, but better safe than sorry. I look forward to the reveal when you're totally "in the clear."

I still have a hard time believing I actually own one.

Missed this in my reply, but same here, I was sending pics to a friend yesterday and my brain said "wow, I'd love to have one of those one day" since that's what it's been used to thinking for so many years, hard to retrain yourself, but a pleasure doing it. When I see it in the garage I still don't fully accept that I can get in it and drive away. Oh man, after this chat I think I need to go drive it right now!