Which year is this REO, what is it worth?

ThomasBorchers

Hello,

a friend owns an early Reo Roadster. It has the 2 Cylinder engine. We are not sure about the year. I guess it should be a 1908. What do you think?

The car is in a good older restored condition. He would like to sell this car. What is a correct price in the US for such a car?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Kind regards

Tom

post-30607-14313866889_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest austincar6

You have what appears to be Gentlemen roaster or a recreation of one. The gentlemen roasters are rare Reo to have. The only way to know for sour is by the serial number. Reo club can help with the numbers.

If the car is a gentlemen roaster I believe they where made in 1908 or 1909.

As for price. If its a true Gentlemen roaster $70,000 or more.

If not around $30,000

A "gentleman's roaster"? Is that like a big, black cauldron?

This reminds me of one that was in an ad in a local auction site just last week, where a piece of machinery had been in a shed for a long time. The seller posted that "it ran when I was put in storage" - which drew a comment or two. One letter can make a lot of difference to meaning.

Hello,

thank you all for your answers. It should be a 1908 Roadster, I found this old ad in the internet : http://www.periodpaper.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/8022f01105bea4edf676ba39d5976c14/O/L/OLD_280_18.JPG This is like the car of my friend. The differens to the 1909 ist the firewall and the front fenders. At the 1908 cars the step boards are shorter.

Kind regards

Thomas