1991 Park Avenue dash bezel.... stuck..?

NCBRIJEN

Hey all, I attempted today to remove the bezel from the dash today on my 1991 Park Avenue to switch out the twilight and traction control switch... easy job right!...well, after I removed the 4 screws, I tugged on the bezel and... Nothing, the bottom popped right out but not the top, I tugged as hard and I could without breaking the entire bezel in two. I tried to apply some pressure from behind and just indented the side o f the bezel but could not get the front of the dash to pop off? Any suggestions? I have removed bezels before and actually two other park avenues before but this one seems to be STUCK!.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Thanks,<o:p></o:p>

Maybe someone before you broke the tabs and bonded it in place. My only suggestion...

On the 90-91 Reatta, after removing the screws, there are several spring tabs both top and bottom. I made a 90 degree tool from a small screwdriver, the end is bent at 90 degrees and I slip the end behind the bezel, then slide it either right or left until I hit one of the spring clips, then pull on the screwdriver to pull that clip loose, then go to the next one.

Thanks Barney!: <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

That is the kind of tool I will attempt to make so I don't end up damaging anything to get the pressure on the back of the bezel. <o:p></o:p>

….It is truly the simplest things that cause the most issues.<o:p></o:p>

Thanks,<o:p></o:p>