71 Buick Speedometer (Riv, Les, Elec)

Smartin

I am looking for a speedometer to fit my 71 LeSabre. I just found out that the speedo from a 71 Riv will also work. I am also under the impression that a speedo from a centurion or electra or estate wagon will work. If you have a spare that will work, let me know and I will be in touch.<P>A couple years ago, I broke the needle off when I was lubricating the cable and the weight was thrown off and the needle doesn't read right anymore. I tried re-attaching it with epoxy glue...it worked but I can't get it right. All I need actually is a needle to fix the problem I think.<P>I'm just tired of making trips to East St. Louis to junkyards that I've already ravaged from previous repairs and upgrades. <P>Thanks,<BR>Adam<BR> smrtin17@aol.com <BR> buick2001.jpg

Guest Shaffer

That is a very nice car. Yes, the speedo in the Centurion, Electra and Estate Wagon are the same. The Electras cluster will have more "woodgrain" in the cluster area, but the needle and everything else is the same. 1971-1973 is the same. I think they was changed in 1974, but not 100%. Good luck.