Lever shock absorbers

tried buying some years ago at that time iwas told there is a difference between smal and large series?If i can find one of my books i will get back to you.

Do you have any other part no. 1948a falls under three different part no.1948A does NOT fit all models acording to BUICK chassi parts manual.I cant find anything without the buick part no. confused.gif" border="0 yet

For the car involved,look in the manual involved. I just grabbed a 51 manual (the one I get the most question about),and it calls for 1948 A big surprise ! Again ,I'll say MANY 1039-1953 used the 1948A shock absorber.The 1948AX was used on a few,and is,in fact called for as th H.D. rplacement for the 1948A.It has always beem recommend that you replace them in PAIRS.

Msr buick 714! Did your 51 manual say if the 1948a fits all series for 1951 or just certain ones and do you know what the difference is betwen the shocs for other series .thanks for your reply. wink.gif" border="0<p>[ 04-14-2002: Message edited by: Supper nut ]

• 2 weeks later...

1948A Front shocks fit the following models 1940 tru 1953 Series 40,50,60,70 chassis.<BR>This however is just the basic shock and there were many different valve settings required for the separate models of buicks for each individual year. The valve setting is adjusted for the weight and rebound required for each model.

RE- NOS 1948A I have one 1948A which came from a Buick dealer,it has been around quite awhile.I will look it over carefully to try to determine if it is, in fact NOS.Some dealers used a few non-genuine parts.This one is very smooth and has no seepage.I will check it to see if the bolt locations have been used.

• 2 weeks later...