anti freeze in exhaust

zoltanb

Hello All, I have a problem with 90 reatta, while sitting over night water leaks into one of the cylinders, car starts smokes white, can smell sweat antifreeze in the exhaust, misses for about one minute clears up runs fine. There is no water in the oil. The car does not over heat. There are no bubbles in the radiator or the over flow once it is up to temp. My question is is it possible that it is leaking threw the throttle body or the intake gaskets? Or is it blown head gasket? It only seams to leak in wile the engine is off.

Thanks for your help

Hello All, I have a problem with 90 reatta, while sitting over night water leaks into one of the cylinders, car starts smokes white, can smell sweat antifreeze in the exhaust, misses for about one minute clears up runs fine. There is no water in the oil. The car does not over heat. There are no bubbles in the radiator or the over flow once it is up to temp. My question is is it possible that it is leaking threw the throttle body or the intake gaskets? Or is it blown head gasket? It only seams to leak in wile the engine is off.

Thanks for your help

zoltanb,

do you by chance also own an olds cutlass convertible?

gryfan

Typically, an intake gasket leak will show up in the oil or externally near the corners of the intake. It is fairy common for the aluminum intake manifold to corrode around the water ports at either end and it is possible for it to leak into the intake port adjacent to it but two seals on the gasket would need to fail for it to leak directly into the port. Does the coolant appear to be contaminated with exhaust or oil? Do bubbles appear in the radiator while running? My FSM recommends cooling system sealer be added when the coolant is changed. Not that I am recommending that at this point, but I suspect it is a preventative measure due to galvanic corrosion in the aluminum.