More Wiper Trouble

Guest Birdman

Guest Birdman

OK so I removed my old wiper moter on my 65 and replaced it with a 63/64 motor. I made a plate to cover where the pump would go and installed an electric pump. Before I installed the new motor I plugged it in and made sure it worked. After I installed it I ran it and everything seemed to work great. I then installed the wiper arms and tried it again. From the parked position the wipers attemped to go down more and got jamed into the cowl. It looks like I need to place the wiper blade it the middle of the windshield. Shouldn't the parked position be the lowest point the wiper arms go??? Why did the arm go lower than the parked position???

On to the pump. I connected the new electric pump to the dark blue wire comming from the wiper switch. When I pushed the washer button - nothing.

Does the dark blue wire to the washer pump get 12V when the washer button is pushed?

This whole wiper thing is killing me. Next time I think I will remove the fender to get to the motor. My car is fighting me every time I try to fix something.

Thanks for any help/insight you can provide.

David

Look at the wiring diagram for your car (in the shop manual). I am pretty sure that the wire you ask about provides a momentary ground when you press it.

Run the wiper motor with the arms off and see where they park. Then put the arms on.

Guest Birdman

When I install the arms from the parked position they move further down.

I need to install them almost vertical so they cover the intended area.

From the parked position the arms should move up. Mine move down?????