For Sale - 1985 Riviera

RivNut

1985 Buick Riviera. Type_R. Looks like a Grand National. 5.0 Liter V8, o/d trans, PS, PB. Power seats, windows, and antenna. Cruise. Cold a/c. Dark blue w/ blue buckets and console. New paint, carpeting, headliner, and window and door seals. Sport mirrors. New 225/70R15 Uniroyal Tiger Paw tires. Wheels - optional Riviera WG2 rally wheels. New shocks front and rear. HD 32mm front and 28mm rear sway bars. Rebuilt front end. White faced dash w/ 140 mph speedometer shows 88,6XX miles. Kenwood CD player w/ Jensen speakers. Cover car and featured in Vol. 26, #4 of the Riviera Owners Association magazine. I’ve driven this car to many Riviera Owner’s meets and it’s always a big hit. $5,700. Phone (913) 422-1527 or send me a PM.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Probably not. I've now got the '93 to get to the distance meets, and I'll have the '64 up and running to get back east in '13. Then all of the funds/work goes into restoring the '63. I've got lots of odds and ends parts for the 79 - 85's, what do you need/want.

Ed

About what you'd expect from a car that was built when gas prices and availibility started to become a factor. The V8 is rated around 145 hp and the final drive 2.78:1 plus it has a o/d transmission. It will keep up with regular traffice, but on long hills it needs a little right foot pressure to stay with the flow. One nice thing about these cars is that they do get pretty good highway mileage. The over riding quality of these cars is the comfort they give to you. The ride is silky smooth and the seats are very comfortable. The larger sway bars I put on this do not factor into the ride quality, they just make the car handle better on curves and they don't let the car understeer in a curve at speed. All in all it's a great car. If you're looking for performance from one of these, look for a turbo T-Type.

I'd keep this car for a long time if I had the money and garage space for it. I'm just ready to move on (back) to my first love - the 1st generation cars. This is the fifth one of the 79 - 85 models I've had: two Twentieth Annivery XX's, one convertible - red, and one other coupe - black with sand leather - which was orginally delivered back to the Buick HQ at Flint, not a dealership (it's amazing what one can learn from a build sheet.)

Ed

• 3 weeks later...

As Monty Hall would have said, "Let's make a deal!" What if I could throw in a 260 hp 350 Olds Rocket motor with the deal? Hmmm. You're looking for a performance car. Think of all the aftermarket "go fast" goodies that are available for the Olds 350 - 455. Can you say "big a**ed cams, headers, high rise intakes, aluminum heads." (just to name a few.) SMOKIN'

Delivery is also an option.

Ed