WTB: Front bumper cover chrome

RivNut

Linda (and I) just purchased a '93 Riviera. While it's a great car both mechanically and cosmetically, it has an issue. The PO must have used a sign post to tell him he had pulled into his parking space far enough. The ABS Chrome strip and it's accomanying black rubber rub strip are less than perfect.

There are actually 5 pieces involved here, I need the two that are under the head lights. The ones on the sides and the one in the middle are both good (except for some checking in the electroplate process that bonds the chrome to the ABS.)

If anyone knows where I might be able to find these parts, I'd appreciate a heads up. The GM part numbers are 20726342-3 for the right-left. The center part number is 20726340. GM has discontinued them so they'll have to come from a parts car.

Thannks,

Edited by RivNut
correction to part number (see edit history)

Ed...the part numbers are 20726342 & 3 (you missed the 3 after the 6).

Also, go to Vintage Parts (www.vpartsinc.com). They list that they have 11 of 20726342 and 50 of 20726343. They are not cheap but at least they have them in stock.

Edited by DShip (see edit history)

Dave,

I saw those through another link and if nothing shows up and suddenly some extra $$$$ shows up in my bank, I might consider going for them. I saw the prices on the other websites, but I didn't create an account so I don't know what the prices are from them directly. I could buy a complete bumper cover on car_parts.com for less than one of their rub strips. As ususal, I'll not hurry in to anything and hopefully something will show up. I did talk to a kid in MN who is parting out a 90; he says the impact strips on his car are good, but he's not sure he wants to go to the trouble of pulling the entire bumper just to get to the impact strips.

Thanks for your help. I went back and edited my original post and corrected the part number.

Ed