Hello Vikings

Guest geoffsf

Guest geoffsf

Hello, I am new here and have done some searching but haven't had much luck. I am about to purchase two viking sedans from a friend of the family. One is a 1929 4d sedan and the other is a 1930 CC 4d sedan. The '29 needs full restoration, but is clean and complete. Restoration was halted by current owner after grille shell was destroyed by a chrome shop. The body is on the frame with the engine, transmission, full running gear and suspension still intact with wood spoke wheels. The '30 I believe is also complete, but not sure of the condition of parts. Due to the rarity of these automobiles, what is a fair ballpark value that could be placed on them. I understand this is a shot in the dark, but what are these cars worth?

Also, anyone that has turned up any new resources or information on these cars that might be passed along would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

GH

I wish I could help you, but even most hardcore Olds/GM people know little about the Viking. All I really know is they were produced two years, carried V8 power, and hit the market at the worst possible time which doomed it.

Standard Catalog of Oldsmobile indicates 4058 1929 cars, 2813 1930 cars and 353 cars built in 1931 from parts on hand. In 1997, the SCO estimated Viking values at nearly 25% more than the comparable standard Oldsmobile. I would say that's a fair guess even now.

• 9 years later...

Kinda late but its my belief that my late father was the foremost expert on viking motorcars in the usa. He has passed away but i am left with everything viking. While alive i think he did whatever he could to corner the market on viking parts and lit. I have a fairly good knowledge of them myself as well as a 1929 4 dr sedan and a lot of parts. I am available for questions as well as a possible source for parts. Let me know what you need and I will do my best to help.

Ed Gundersen...gunnsed@gmail.com