hershey fall spaces- take #2

WOW! On my previous post I did not intend to provoke a new round of arguments about the re-sale of hershey spaces or the non-use of hershey spaces. I WAS hoping someone close to the hershey region or the national headquarters could indicate if ANY spaces will be offerred this year, and if so by what mechanism. Thanks.

greenie ~ Why don't you follow the most logical course and write a letter to the Hershey Region and address your questions directly to the source of the spaces.<P>Hershey Region, AACA<BR>P.O. Box 305<BR>Hershey, PA 17033-0305

Everyone would benefit from a secondary market for AACA members to share their space ownership with other AACA members. The new member that needs space and has been locked out for two years now has a way to enjoy the event. The existing owners that chose not to attend that year have a means to recoup their investment. And most importantly would it not be a pleasure to walk the flea market loaded with vendor tables instead of bare blacktop/grass or a 10 space parking lot.<P>The Hershey region should address this issue especially since they have frozen new space assignments since 2000

We asked Hershey Region for an additional flea market space when we sent in our reservation for 2002. We received a reply that there would be no additional vendor spaces available this year. frown.gif" border="0

As I said on the other thread, I believe AACA members should be able to exchange spaces with other AACA members, but <B>ONLY</B> through the Hershey Region. That is the only way to be certain that spaces change hands at face value and <B>NOT</B> at a profit. <P>The scalping of flea market spaces should not be a part of the Hershey Flea Market experience. But then I may just be a stupid idealist. rolleyes.gif" border="0 ~ hvs

Mr. HVS - The Hershey Region folks seem to respond when you have asked them a question in previous topics over the months - maybe if you suggested that they pursue the concept of a regulated and controlled secondary market for Hershey Spaces at face value to AACA members only - they would respond to this forum regarding their resistence to this concept.<P>Been to Hershey for better than 20 years and agree with the above post that the flea market experience would be so much more enjoyable with vendors in the spots instead of empty real estate or mass parking lots.

I have started the ball rolling. How far it will roll is anybody's guess.<P>I would imagine any news on the subject will appear here on the DF as there are some really conscientious and sincere guys from the Region who will look into this.<P>Now I'm going to back off and let events take their course. smile.gif" border="0 ~ hvs

As fall meet chairman I am charged with the job of finding space on blacktop for all of the Yellow field vendors. The old Green field would only handle one half of the Yellow field. We have lost real estate over the last two years and are losing some this year. We would like to open spaces for new vendors. If space is available look for the request in the May June issue of Antique Automobile. At this time I do not think that will happen.

I am back with the way to have another person get your spaces. Send us a notorized letter transfering your spaces to another person. We have been doing this for years. <BR> We tried doing the transfer with just a letter but that did not work. <BR> We have over 3200 vendors to work with and only a few make it difficult. <BR> Tha new Arena will be opening the week before the Meet. I am hoping the judges breakfast will be there.