Yes, another CT event of note... Belltown!

The 45th Annual Belltown meet is tomorrow (Sunday 8/7) at the Haddam Neck Fairgrounds--and is listed as "rain or shine" (an important point considering what the weather man is saying at this moment about tomorrow).

I am still planning on driving out there--the annual Belltown show is a "Connecticut Old Car Hobby Institution," and I'm happy to have the chance to finally get out there again this year!

Show info:

http://www.belltownantiquecarclub.org/shows/pdfs/august%202011.pdf

Belltown Antique Car Club web site:

Belltown Antique Car Club

Edited by stock_steve (see edit history)

Just got back from my "scenic rain tour" to Haddam Neck Fairgrounds!

Got there about 9:45am, to see the last few club members packing up & getting ready to leave.

"First time in 45 year history that the show was called."

I was presented a goodie bag & dash plaque for my efforts! I am now in possession of possibly the rarest Belltown event dash plaque in history! Ha ha!

Seriously, though, I know what it's like to have a "rain or shine" event and then get deluged, like the Belltown folks did--it's no fun for anyone.

The '50 Bug ran well, though, and it was fun taking the drive anyway. I drove up via Durham/Middletown (Route 17), and decided to drive back via Moodus & the East Haddam Swing Bridge, etc., just to vary things a bit.

I took a couple of pictures, and may try to post a couple later on.

Slightly clearing a bit now, as I type this, back at home base...

I hope they did not get hurt either, Wayne. Presumably after 45 years, they've figured out how to prepare/compensate for the occasional rainy year.

One of the Belltown club members who was packing up when I got there, Jim Way, was very gracious to explain to me what the situation was and the decision that was made. He was gracious to pose with his Model A and my Bug for a photo.

post-34222-143138624887_thumb.jpg

post-34222-143138624891_thumb.jpg