Security alarm going off by itself

Have had my '99 Olds Bravada for over a year now, and have the key fob that locks/unlocks the door, sounds the alarm, etc. I have had NO trouble with it whatsoever, until about 4:00 this morning...

Woke up to hear a car alarm going off--BEEP BEEP BEEP...

Finally figured out it was MINE, and I walked across my newly-gravelled driveway (without shoes or slippers) and somehow I got it to shut off (still groggy at that point, don't ask me what I did).

I then walked back to the side door to my garage when it went off AGAIN, and this time I had to actually start the car, then it shut off, for it to stop beeping (??)

Why this couldn't have happened at 10:30 or so, l'll never know, but, when I went to go to work this morning, not only did the fob not lock/unlock the door, but the master lock on the inside door panel arm rest on either side--driver and passenger--did NOT work to lock all the doors manually. So, each door had to be locked/unlocked by pushing the lock button for each door down/up.

About 20 minutes ago, the damn alarm just went off again. The Lock and Unlock buttons do not work, but the "trunk" button does appear to lock/unlock the rear hatch (?).

In the words of Vince Lombardi, "what the hell is going on out there?!"

Short of pulling the negative battery cable tonight before going to sleep, I do not want to p/o my neighbors with a middle-of-the-night alarm once again...

What to do??

Thanks,

Mike

Try pulling the battery cable, leave it off 30 sec or so, and reconnect it. Maybe that will reset its little electronic brain and shut it up. Short of that, you got a rendezvous with a dealer who hopefully understands this IMHO unnecessary system- who the hell would WANT to steal one of these things?!

Have you ever put a battery in the remote?

The security system is one of the few things my 97 didn't give me crap about.

Look at "Similar Threads" below. Looks like the Reatta guys have had their share of GM electronics foolishness and may have an answer.