Such wonderful fortunes!

I have been searching through old posts to see what's been posted on the Victory Six only to find the following....

icon1.gif<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Did a 1928 Dodge survive in Sault Ste Marie Mi<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

<HR SIZE=1><!-- google_ad_section_start -->I'm wondering if a 1928 Dodge survived in Sault Ste Marie Mi. I owned this car and sold it in 1974 to a snowmobil dealer, with the last name of Hank. If anyone in the area knows of a 1928 Dodge in the area I would like to hear from them. This was my wife's grandparants car and just by change it maybe still around. I lived on 6mile Road at the time. You can contact me by e-mail -fiftyfordv8@att.net or My address Tom Hinds 125 Goodnight Rd Martinsville In. 46151 My phone is 765-342-9240.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

THIS IS MY CAR HE'S ASKING ABOUT!!!!! :eek: His wife sold the car to my father-in-law who still currently owns it! I called the number only to find that they were still there!! I have found the entire history of this car!! And all by accident and through this forum!! :D

THANK YOU to everyone that posts ANYTHING on here!! :) Without this forum.....I would have never found the person my father-in-law bought the car from and the history behind the car!!!!

Shannon

That is soooooo cool! I love it when a plan comes together. The old car world is very small. I have run across the same cars more than once and with different owners. It's really amazing how information comes to light.

I'm still in absolute shock!! They were probably just as much as I was when I called and asked them about the car!! They were so happy to hear it hadn't made it to the junkyard or anything like that!! They've even been back up here & asked if anyone knew of the car but since my father-in-law doesn't drive it & we don't advertise that we have it, no one would have really known it was at the shop! This is just sooooo darn cool!!!

Be sure to keep in touch with them. They will be a goldmine of information as you progress through your restoration. Vehicle history is cool! It is "the story" you tell to people that makes the car real and not just a piece of machinery.

The prior owners MAY even have some old parts or tools laying around in their stuff that would be extra hard to find. All-in-all a great source!

You are so lucky! :)