Remember my tale of getting my dad a riv? First car show results!

tjthorson

If any of you have followed my tale of getting my dad a 1st gen Riv to enjoy, you followed me through 3 different Rivs, lots of money, and a few tears.

So - the car I finally settled on and gave my dad won a trophy for the "best of 60s" at a car show in Glendale Heights, IL sponsored by Sunrise Chevrolet. 57 cars entered.... We had lots of attention as the only Riv (and only Buick) in the show. But we were up against lots of 60's Camaro's and Corvette's....

Other comments revolved around the factory dual quads with the Super Wildcat package....

Best of show went to a pristine 61 vette convertible - that car sure deserved the award, it was perfect....

album.ashx?albummode=Preview&albumpath=%2fvehicles%2ffriends-family+vehicles%2fdads+64+riviera%2f2011-07-23+14.59.11.jpg

2011-07-23%2009.56.11.jpg

Guest Kinmann

Right on!!! Thats great! A great example of Riv's are few and far between and are always great conversation pieces now matter what condition!

Factory spec dual quads always make the enthusiasts druel.....Keep Cruisin!

Kevin

Raleigh, NC

Especially on 64's. Lots of people have heard of Gran Sports and the dual four barrel option. Not many "outsiders" are aware that the same engine was available in a regular '64. Congrats - everyone looks as if they're having a good time.

Ed

Thanks all - yeah - it was real nice to share that with him. He didnt expect to win anything - being mostly Chevys and at a Chevy dealer - but lots of people liked the Riv. I had pulled the air cleaner cover to expose the dual quads - just for show. ;-) It was real cool that Sunrise emptied the showroom of all their new cars to make room for the show cars....

Guest Jay-GM-Fan

Todd

I thought your Dad's white 64 was in Barrington on June 12 at Marquardt's annual BOP show, but looking at the pictures was another one. That's one great car!

Todd

I thought your Dad's white 64 was in Barrington on June 12 at Marquardt's annual BOP show, but looking at the pictures was another one. That's one great car!

Wasnt him - this was the first show with the car since I got most of it fixed up for him. Still need to do more - rebuild both cars - and lots of electric work....

But he is lining up the calendar for more shows yet this year....