Corvette Search

Guest Pete3

Guest Pete3

I'm the original owner of 57 Vette E57S103486, which I sold after driving it for 15 years. I'm seeking any history on this car.

Thanks, Pete

Pete,

The National Corvette Restorers Society (NCRS) has a pretty good network to link owners with cars. You may want to try there. Guys are always trying to find original owners for vehicles they now own. Do you have any of the original paperwork for the car? That is a huge plus.

Guest Pete3

Tony...

Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a shot.

The last owner I know of is Chip Turtzo in Bangor, PA who restored and sold the car circa 1979. Any paperwork I sent to him may have gone with the car. The info I recall is at: The Corvette C1 Registry

Kind regards,

Pete

The vehicle is not listed in the Department of Justice's National Motor Vehicle Title Information System. It could be the case that it is not registered or it was registered utilizing permanant Antique Plates so long ago that the state where it is registered as purged its record or the record is not computerized and thus was not sent up to NMVTIS.

Guest Pete3

Bryan...

Thanks for looking. I tried this and they say they can only find 17-place VINs. Last known state of registration was PA circa '79. Then it was sold.

Pete