Found a 65 Riviera - maybe a GS

fatbuick

Hi to all here,

A few months ago I sold my 66 Riviera for a good price and started looking for a 65 Riviera to restore because I've always loved this model. I placed a Wanted Ad in the Riview and had a few responses but most were not that exciting.

Then I received a call from a gentleman in Maine about this one which he's owned for 41 years and is a Gran Sport he claims. He didn't have email or a digital camera so I had it checked out and pics taken for me by another local ROA member. It's rust free and runs well and driven to car shows regularly. When it gets here I can verify the GS claim but I'm not too worried because I wasn't looking for a GS anyway.

It's loaded:

Tony's 65 Riviera

Cruise Control

Buick Sports Steering Wheel

Rear Arm Rest

All power windows, including 1/4 vents

Dual Quads - will come with original Super Wildcat chrome air cleaner

AC

4 Note Horns

Ribbed Sill panels

Will come with Buick chrome rally wheels and white walls

60,000 miles on the clock (30,000 when he bought it at six years of age so who knows really)

Rare white interior

The vinyl roof is not original and will go as will all the other excess stuff hanging off it.

It should arrive in Sydney in a few weeks.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Hi Tony,

Very interesting car and very typical of an accessorized `70`s cruiser right down to the window decals.

Judging by some of the little things I see, like the emblem placement, what appears to be the addition of the power vents (notice the patching of the original vent crank hole), and some other items which are deviations from original, like the engine color and the accent colors in the interior, the basic car seems to be heavily personalized. But if you dont care about originality then no matter. The extras become a bonus.

Send a pic of the Fisher Body plate and check the VIN and engine markings including the trans code and it will be easy to tell what the car started as when Buick originally built it. Who knows, perhaps you have one of the rare Super Wildcat only `65`s or a very rare `66 complete dual quad engine??? If the white custom interior is original to the car and not been transplanted that alone is very unusual.

The detective work will be fun! Let me know if I can help, have fun,

Tom Mooney

well, at the moment, all I've done is BUY IT.

at this rate it'll never leave your shores.... STILL waiting for import approval.... it's been two weeks since I sent em the "details" of my car, like "is it modified" "describe body style" "describe engine and transmission"

why the heck they don't ask for it up front on the application, I don't know....

Thanks for all your comments guys.

I'll post the Body Plate when I get it so you can help me decode it. Someone asked about the golvebox door badge which is correct and it will include the original Super Wildcat Air Cleaner which the owner had taken off.

glovebox.jpg

I can't wait to get it so I can unravel what this car came with from the factory.