66 Riv/interior ?

Guest ramie

Guest ramie

I have a 66 Riv with what I call Plum interior. What is the correct name of that color? I need to get some matieral for the front arm rest.

I have a 66 Riv with what I call Plum interior. What is the correct name of that color? I need to get some matieral for the front arm rest.

There was a nice Plum/Plum '67 (?) at the ROA meet in Branson last month. Here's a pic of it:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5302/5870207605_4506e5f74f_o.jpg

And a link to all the pics:

ROA Meet 2011 Branson, MO - a set on Flickr

The ROA site lists "Plum" for the interior for both 1966 and 1967.

In '66, it looks like the colors were called Plum for both the exterior and interior, according to the ROA site, and Riviera Plum/Plum for the exterior/interior (respectively) for '67. This site contradicts this:

1967 Buick Paint Color Codes - Buick Paint Cross-Reference

and has it reversed with '66 having "Riviera Plum" for exterior and '67 having "Plum".

Which one is correct for the exterior color name?

-BEPNewt

There was a nice Plum/Plum '67 (?) at the ROA meet in Branson last month. Here's a pic of it:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5302/5870207605_4506e5f74f_o.jpg

-BEPNewt

I was talking to the owner of that beautiful 67 that Brian posted. He had a portion of his seats redone with new plum vinyl material. Not sure where he got it but I was surprised is was a perfect match and blended with the original nicely.

Jason's post jogged my memory. When I was re-doing my '70 Skylark, I got material from this source. Because I was replacing torn panels and not the entire seat, I sent them some samples and they sent me yardage in the exact color and grain that I needed.

Largest Selection of Cloth, Vinyl & Leather Automobile Upholstery - SMS Auto Fabrics

When the panels were replaced, you would have sworn that the entire seat was new.

Ed