Dodge Victory 6 Brakes

Guest rbardin

Guest rbardin

Any info on brake adjustment needed. Tried pushing car when in neutral and with emergency brake off and it was really hard to push. Jacked up front wheels, turned and felt like brakes were engaged. Any suggestions?

Going by your previous posts,youhave only just purchased this automobile. The victory 6 has Steeldraulic brakes ie Steel cables.Now if this car has been sitting idle for any length of time I would start by making sure that the inner cables hav not ceased in the outer cables Hope this will help

Guest 1930

Maybe I am just confused by Rons post, your car has lockheed hydraulic brakes and as I am assuming you know so there are no steel cables. Might be you have seized pistons in your wheel cylinders, I would start by jacking up all 4 wheels and seeing which wheels drag, are they dragging a little, thats ok, if they are all dragging alot than I would suspect that the master maybe has a frozen piston or maybe the line that runs out of the master is clogged somehow. Would not allow the fluid to return quickly thus allowing the brakes to disengage.

Pretty unlikely that all 4 wheel cylinders would be frozen at the same time but of course there is always that chance. Could also be that someone performed brake work before you got it and the brakes are just plain out of adjustament.

Have you had any luck with tracking down that C.D compilation, if you are not going to get it than I can look and see what might help from there if need be.

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

Guest rbardin

I have not yet found the CD compilation. I have ordered a parts and also service manual for early Dodges but have not yet received . Some tools came with the car but from the photos posted on this site it looks like not all are there. I will post more photos soon. Other than the brakes dragging the car runs and drives well.

Any info on brake adjustment needed. Tried pushing car when in neutral and with emergency brake off and it was really hard to push. Jacked up front wheels, turned and felt like brakes were engaged. Any suggestions?

Not certain if the Victory Six brakes are the same as the 1931 DH6, but here are some adjustment procedures for mine.

post-37352-143138598325_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143138598334_thumb.jpg