New member Dodge Victory 6

Guest rbardin

Guest rbardin

I am a new member to the AACA. I have just purchased (July, 2011) a 1928/29? Dodge Victory 6. I have not yet verified the vin # for date of maf. I plan to keep the car as is and have many questions about where to go from here. Parts, manuals, links, ect. I also have a 1937 Diamond T truck, mod. 80D and a 1957 Ford Thunderbird. I live in the San Diego area.

Edited by rbardin
Adding more info. (see edit history)

Guest 1930

Hello and welcome, I would suggest as your best bet getting ahold of the D.B club editor John Bittence and purchasing a copy of a C.D compilation concerning the Victory car, most of your questions will be answered with this. About 800 pages of info if you print it all out.

How about some pictures of your car?

Rbardin- Welcome to the DB forum. absolutely love your 1937 Diamond T truck. Stunning! If you have any questions about the newest member of your fleet, PM me. I have two 1929 Dodge Brothers DA's, the first cousin to the Victory 6. The two cars have many features in common, starting with the engine and drive train. More similarities than differences for the most part. As you could guess from my name, we are probably pretty close. Joe

Jason- to see his pictures, just click on the images "8" located near his name to the left and it will open up the gallery for you to view.

Guest R-ajax peterson

Welcome! Real solid looking car. I would love to see the paint brought up. Nice patina.

Jason - Just click the blue number by the word "Images" under the name of the person at the start of any post from him. That will show you the "Member Images" of any registered user that has added "Images" to his profile and made a post. In John's case that would be 380 some! :eek:

Rbardin- the number you pointed out in your last post is not the correct location of the engine #. The correct location is near the REAR of the engine block on the milled surface for the manifold. If you posted the correct VIN for your car, the engine # will be approx. 18,000 higher. Assuming original engine, of course.

Guest rbardin

Can the engine # be seen with out removing any thing? Also any recommendations for gauge, speedo restorations?

Guest rbardin

Speedo cable missing and something is rattling inside the speedo head. The pointer is missing off the gas gauge and the internal housing is broken (pot metal). I have ordered a new housing but the gauge will need to be rebuilt and calibrated. I now have the DB books so I will try to see what is going on with the speedometer.

Guest rbardin

The pot metal speedo housing is coming apart. Any recommendations for good gauge rebuild/repair service?

Guest rbardin

Yes expensive but at least the part is being produced. It would be cheaper to restore a Model A, but then the Dodge is not a FORD. No matter, my wife thinks I'm sick anyway and no doubt she is correct.

Look at e-bay, you will find one there eventually. Post a picture of your speedo, isnt it the same as DA 29/30. I can tell you if you post a picture or if I look it up