WTB 65 Wildcat DELUXE bucket seats

I'm parting a 64 wildcat with power buckets. not sure if deluxe or custom. it's an automatic on the floor with console and tachometer. Located in middle tennessee. reply with interest. thanks, john

I hope that you turn up these seats. I have had an interest in the '65 Wildcat Deluxe since they were new. (My parents had a Deluxe 2-door hardtop.) Over the years, I have seen photos of only one '65 Wildcat that had the Deluxe interior with bucket seats. The Buick Color & Trim Album shows that this same interior was available in the LeSabre Custom. Again, I suspect that this interior is quite rare, although I have seen buckets in LeSabres from 1964 and 1967.<P>Interestingly, the interior door panels of the Deluxe convertible differs from the interior door panels of the Deluxe 2-door hardtops.<P>Buckets from a '64 would be different from the seats you are looking for.

pphil - What you have is what was offered for the Electras, Wildcats, and LeSabres. I will only cover coupes here. This was more the 'standard' vinyl Wildcat interior with a bucket seat upgrade, which would be a 'custom' LeSabre interior. These patterned interiors were offered in 'Ballad' cloth, or in vinyl of the same pattern. The short console/bucket seat setup differs from the 'Custom' Wildcat coupe interior in seat vinyl pattern, door and interior trim panels, console, headliner, and color combos. A 'custom' 64 Wildcat interior does not have multi color seats, rather they are just one color, the door panels have the two wide stainless horizontal mouldings and a completely different pattern than the standard door panels, a full length console, and the foam covered cardboard panel headliner with the four chrome plastic bows. Yours has a regular sewn headliner, doesn't it? Basically what I am trying to say here is that it is a deluxed standard Wildcat coupe interior (an upgraded standard), whereas the custom (or deluxe) Wildcat coupe interior is a whole different ball game. By the way, how is the SuperCat coming? Mine is about 60% finished. Have fun, Matt

Ted, I am looking far and wide for a set of those for you. There is a place called 'The Parts Place', 630-365-1800, that advertises in Hemmings. They say they have all years and most models of seats. You might want to try them if you have not already. I'll let you know if I come up with something. Matt

Are you looking for the material that is correct for the DELUXE or are the actual CUSTOM seat frames different too? I have some 65' Buckets that have be redone.

• 3 weeks later...

My luck is so good! I found the Wildcat (convertible) deluxe bucket seats, in an excellent car. Party on, excellent! I hope its finished for Flint, so it can return to its origins and be enjoyed by all the Buick fans up there. I do not see many pictures on this BB, where does anybody post pictures?