Vin Id number

Guest Lora S.

Guest Lora S.

Can any one tell me what my partial vin number means, I have a 1970 Camaro and I don't know for sure the size of my engine is or what year it is. The VIN # is 19J259853. The engine code is HV and the casting # is 18 GM 3970010. The only thing I know is that V0422 stands for V-Flint and 0422 stands for April 22, that is only information I know about.

When I look up the vin number and the engine code it don't make any sence to me. It seems like conflicting information.

Lora

19J is not a Camaro VIN, but an Impala VIN

J stands for Janesville, WI and they did not build Camaros

HV is a code for a 69 Impala ... 350 automatic, it is not the original engine your Camaro came with when it was "born"

go here for 2nd gen Camaro info: NastyZ28 Second Generation Camaro Owners Group

for 1970 Camaro info, go here:

1970 Camaro Data

Edited by Jim Rohn (see edit history)

Guest Lora S.

Thank you Jim Rohn for the information, I know that this engine did not come with my car, it is a Baldwin Motion recreation. The person who made this recreation bought the model first, then made the new recreation Baldwin Motion. It is a beautiful car, my husband and I are going to put a 454 in it. We are going to sell the engine to someone, but we want to be honest about the engine. I had a funny feeling that it was not a 327 corvette engine. To me the information I was getting that the engine was a 350, and a 1969 and not a 1965 as we were told to believe.

By the way, the vin that you show does not have enough digits in it to be a genuine GM vin.

That's because it's not the "VIN", it's the VIN derivative from the engine block. First character is the division (1 = Chevy)

Second character is the model year (9 = 1969)

Third character is the assembly plant (J = Janesville, WI)

Final six characters are the build sequence number from the car this block was originally installed in.