AACA Annual Meeting... Sunday AM?

I will be attending my first Annual Meeting and I want to do everthing and meet everyone. grin.gif" border="0 Have come to the realization that it can't be done. frown.gif" border="0 <BR> My original plans were to attend the DF lunch on Friday, even if we arrived a little late. Now that the Publications Seminar is slated for 12:15 on Friday, many of the Editors I wanted to meet will be leaving the DF lunch and headed for that seminar. I had thought about some of us getting together for dinner on Friday nite but now I've learned that our Region is sending us to the President's Dinner.<BR> How about a couple of suggestions? First, a second DF lunch for Satuday. Maybe those who don't have a pressing seminar at 12:15 could spend more time at lunch. Second would be a farewell breakfast or brunch on Sunday morning. Our plans for Sunday AM are only for checking out and heading for home so an extended breakfast of an hour or so wouldn't disrupt many plans.<BR> Since I've never been to Philly, I can't suggest any suitable places for either or both. Some of you familiar with the area will have to suggest something if you think that either may be a possibility.<BR> Whadayathink? rolleyes.gif" border="0

St.Georges restaurant for breakfast is standard fare for many of us - I know I usually see Ron and many others enjoying the pancakes. Lets get together during the weekend and pick a time. We'll see you at the Friday night President's Dinner, or join us at the J.C Taylor hospitality suite Saturday right after the banquet and we'll figure it from there. <BR>Terry

Ron, I think you are in for an exciting experience. There is not a time when conflicting schedules does not exist. It's like trying to cram 10 pounds of crap in a two pound bag. But so much fun. grin.gif" border="0 <P>We've never made it a formal part of the schedule, but more and more of us end up at St. Georges on Sunday morning for a high chlorestoral breakfast and prepare for the return home. blush.gif" border="0 <P>Peter is setting up a space in the Trade Show so we will have a place to meet to arrange schedule.

Ron, <BR>You'll have plenty of opportunities to catch up with the people you want to meet. Hopefully, we're included on that list, 'cause we'd sure like to meet you!<P>Typically, we breakfast at St. George's, where the food is hearty and ample; hoist a few in the J.C. Taylor hospitality room; and network in the Trade Show area and the commons area just outside. We even manage to fit in a seminar or two. smile.gif" border="0 <P>There's always a lot to do, and you'll regret you can't do it all. But you will enjoy whatever you choose to do!<P>Jan K.<BR>Wis Region

Thanks to all for your replies. I definitely want to leave Philly with the ability to associate faces & personalities with names that appear here on the DF so I will be hunting down as many of you as I can. wink.gif" border="0 <P>Since we're leaving upstate NY as early as we can Friday morning, I don't know when we'll arrive. Hopefully in time for at least some of the DF Lunch and maybe the Publications Seminar. Just have to play it by ear.<P>After the membership meeting we have nothing specific planned so maybe we'll meet up at the tradeshow.<P>In any event, I plan on meeting as many of you as I can! Sounds like breakfast on Sunday will be a good finish to the weekend!

Di and I always stay until Sunday morning. Will be glad to join you for breakfast.<P>Its always kinda depressing on Sunday morning..standing in the lobby and watching everyone leave (a lot of Onieda tray boxes on the luggage carts) and knowing the weekend is over frown.gif" border="0 <P>And it seems that the weekend didn't last long enough.

Guest MJJones

The Annual Meeting Committee would like you all to be aware of the AACA Hospitality Suite in Room 2301. There's a dinner for the Past President's of AACA on Thursday evening. At 9:00 there will be a Director's Reception in 2301.<BR>Come Visit! ALL ARE WELCOME! smile.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0

Mike,<P>I'd like to add my thanks with Jan's.<BR>It wasn't until last year that I found out AACA had a hospitality room and then couldn't find it. The JC Taylor hospitality room is always advertised prominently in the lobby for all to see. That is where we often met a lot of the important AACA people "after hours". grin.gif" border="0