Rear View Mirror---anyone got one? Know what they looked like?

Guest Industrialdeere

Guest Industrialdeere

My 1926 AA speedster has three holes drilled for a rear view mirror. Does anyone have one for sale? Any recommendations as to what is a reasonable facsimile? Any pictures of what one might have looked like?

• 10 months later...

In case it is still usefull, most of the Stutz cars I have seen from '27 or '28, have a double mirror, that is, two small mirrors completely independent in action one from the other, but joined by the same bracket that attaches it to the windshield in the open cars. I wouldn't know if 3 holes, as the base seems pretty slim and in my car's windshield frame I believe there is only 2 holes for it.

Hope it helps,

Victor

Guest Industrialdeere

Thanks so much Victor for you kind advice. Fortunately I have had some luck in locating a mirror and in fact now find myself with two double mirrors. If anyone wants one let me know. By the way one of them has gold beveled glass that looks to be original. Has anyone seen this before?Thanks again for you kind advice.

Steve

Hi Steve:

Glad you solved your problem and now have two mirrors. If it is what I need, I would deffinately love to take it off your hands. ;)

I do have a double mirror, but it was not originally from a Stutz, and the bracket doesn't quite fit well, so I would probably need to make one, which would not be difficult at all, but if you have a correct one, I would feel happier with that one.

My email is: vmilkeg at paniplus.com.mx

Thanks,

victor