Do I have anything?

Guest jhatch1776

Guest jhatch1776

Hi! I just joined the AACA Forum so that I could get feedback and opinion on a question about a car that I own that I have been wondering about for quite a while. I have a 1988 Chrystler New Yorker, V6, FWD that is the Mark Cross Landau luxury package model (my wife's car). We bought it late model used from the dealer that had sold it new when the owner traded in for new when car was about 1 year old, so have owned it about 22 years. The car is no longer in mint condidtion, but is still a very nice car. It is also an excess vehicle (bought wife a new car) but we have been reluctant to just basically give it away because it is such a beautiful car. My wife and I have talked about the possibility that a car with such distinctive styling and beauty with such a luxurous soft leather interior could someday be considered a classic. My question to the Forum readers is whether this car is worth holding onto and restoring for future potential as a classic? I have pictures of the car, but not in digital format, but could do and post photo if got feedback to.

Thanks for any thoughts.

jlh

It is certainly unusual to find one of these in nice condition and I have always liked the Mark Cross interiors too. But it is extremely unlikely it will ever be considered a "classic" or be much more valuable than it is now, sorry to say. Todd C

If you like the car and have room to keep it inside why not keep it around for laughs? The value right now is practically nil but who knows what the future will bring?

It won't cost much to polish it up and hit a few cruise nights. You won't get into the old car hobby any easier and cheaper and you might have some fun.