1941 De Soto purchase paperwork

Guest Fallbrook Gary

Guest Fallbrook Gary

Hi folks,

In cleaning out my sister's garage we stumbled upon this little gem ... it's a nice collage made from the dealer paperwork of the purchase of a new De Soto sedan and the trade-in of a '38 Plymouth coupe.

I offered to help her determine the value for it and see if an interested party might exist, so here we go.

Thanks in advance for any comments you might have about this item.

Gary

:)

post-76324-143138563824_thumb.jpg

post-76324-143138563829_thumb.jpg

post-76324-143138563834_thumb.jpg

post-76324-143138563839_thumb.jpg

post-76324-143138563844_thumb.jpg

Gary,

Unless the '41 DeSoto survived and you can somehow find its current owner, I don't think

there's much value to your collage, though it is a neat find. Some folks collect titles and

many crave ephemera (myself included), but still, the value is more sentimental

regarding such pieces of family history.

I made this collage for "Mr. Henry," the old man who sold us our Buicks back in the early-'90's,

and it hangs on a wall in my bedroom, a constant reminder of that memorable time. I got it back

after his passing, but again, other than its sentimental value, it's almost too specific to him to

be anything other than a wall-filler. Naturally, to me, it's priceless.

mr_henrys_collagex.jpg

Larger

As time passes, so much paper (ephemera) vanishes, and the way cars were sold and traded

gets lost. Maybe the best thing to do would be to post this in the DeSoto Section below,

offer the papers to a DeSoto collector (for the cost of postage) and recycle the frame.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you. :)

TG

Tom- what connection did Mr Henry have to Roxboro NC and the 4-Acre (later called Fo-Acre) tobacco warehouse? Wondering if there was a connection with the Ruby Gentry on the registration card as Gentry is a common surname in those parts. (Not quite as common as my Clayton ancestry in Roxboro, but still beaucoups of them.)