Drive-In (restaurants or Movies) stories of your past

Guest Kingoftheroad

Guest Kingoftheroad
Just remember you're going to need an FM radio to hear the movie (some things have changed, in this case for the better!). Also remember, 9-year-olds play Frisbee there before the movie starts (some things never change!).

Even though my cars are in great shape, I can't say I like using my car battery for several hours to hear the movie...

I'm leery of using my daily drivers battery and I won't run my classics battery down like that..

Edited by Kingoftheroad (see edit history)

Even though my cars are in great shape, I can't say I like using my car battery for several hours to hear the movie...

I'm leery of using my daily drivers battery and I won't run my classics battery down like that..

If your car has a transistorized FM radio you could stay at the drive-in and watch movies for days without hurting your battery. That draw is ridiculously low on a car battery (assuming you didn't install some kind of monster wattage aftermarket stereo, and even then a few hours listening at reasonable volume shouldn't hurt any healthy batter). You'll likely use more power with the dome light opening the door to go to the snack bar.

If you have a tube radio, like I did in the Buick, you bring a boom box (or the closest thing you have to a boom box). Besides that if the weather is nice and your windows are open, and you're there on a busy night, there will be so many cars listening to the movie blasting their radios you shouldn't need to use yours!:cool:

You watched the movies?

Toy Story 2 with The Parent Trap in a car with 2 toddlers....., yes.:D

BTW, it's still the cheapest way to see any movie. My wife and daughter saw 2 first-run movies (Pirates of the Caribbean in opening night) for $8 a piece last week.:)

Guest Kingoftheroad

BTW, it's still the cheapest way to see any movie. My wife and daughter saw 2 first-run movies (Pirates of the Caribbean in opening night) for $8 a piece last week.:)

Same here, plus you can bring your own food & drink...