Have they started making them again

Guest wmptom

Guest tomt

Sadly, in semi-retirement, I had to get rid of my 89 Coupe last year. I still follow the threads, and noted 142 on line today. I've never seen a number like that. Kind of makes you think they started making them again. Anyway, best to you all and this has been, and will continue to be a great forum. I've had several conversations with the purchaser of my Reatta, referring him to Jim Finn etc, and always suggesting he join. Hope he does or has, what a tool.

Tom T.

Chuck, I have one - do you know what the realistic value is please?

Hi Nick I have not seen one sell for quite a while now and the last one went for around $550.00 if I remember. It seems like everytime one sells the price just get higher. When the next one comes up for sale it will be interesting to watch. I turned down an offer for mine a year or 2 ago for a lot more than the $550 price. I should have taken it I could have bought gas for a day or so

Chuck

Guest daleevans

Hello, I'm new here and saw the reference to the little pewter Reatta. Are you referring to the one that sits on the stand with the mirrored bottom (the stand has the mirrored bottom, not the car.)? I have one of those I got from the Brand Manager when I was doing some promo for Reatta.

Daleevans

Hello, I'm new here and saw the reference to the little pewter Reatta. Are you referring to the one that sits on the stand with the mirrored bottom (the stand has the mirrored bottom, not the car.)? I have one of those I got from the Brand Manager when I was doing some promo for Reatta.

Daleevans

Yes that is the model we are talking about. It has been a mystery for some time as to who made them and how many were made. If you would look at the bottom of your car and post what it has on the muffler. Any number or words? Also what does the wood base have on it. It might say Select Sixty, or Limited Edition 1988 Reatta Commemorative Replica, or Pacesetter. Let us know which one of these that you have, or if you have any other info. Do you know if it had come new in a box and if so is there any manufacturer marks that might be a clue who made them and how many. Do you still have contact with the person who gave it to you?

Any help would be apprecitated

Chuck Kerls

booreatta@cox.net

316-655-1099

Guest daleevans

Chuck, I responded to these questions privately yesterday but for the benefit of the forum, I'll repeat my info here:

Mine is the one with "Limited Edition, 1988 Reatta....ect." on it.

I believe, contrary to what I wrote last night, that there is a very faint number on the muffler. A 10, I think. There also may be another number/letter under the 10 but I'm not really sure. It's surprising that the etching is so faint/shallow because it has sat on my dresser every since I got it and there's really no reason it should show any wear. And it was brand new, fresh out of the box, when I got it.

There are no other identifying marks anywhere on the piece.

Which brings us to the box. It came in a plain brown cardboard box with no markings on it at all. I suspect that they were shipped to Buick in multiples all in one larger crate. I got it from the Brand Manager at Buick Headquarters in Flint. I no longer have any contact with him.

Hope that's helpful.

Yes that is the model we are talking about. It has been a mystery for some time as to who made them and how many were made. If you would look at the bottom of your car and post what it has on the muffler. Any number or words? Also what does the wood base have on it. It might say Select Sixty, or Limited Edition 1988 Reatta Commemorative Replica, or Pacesetter. Let us know which one of these that you have, or if you have any other info. Do you know if it had come new in a box and if so is there any manufacturer marks that might be a clue who made them and how many. Do you still have contact with the person who gave it to you?

Any help would be apprecitated

Chuck Kerls

booreatta@cox.net

316-655-1099