1930 engine color

Guest j49plymouth

Guest j49plymouth

I have a 1030 CK with the 'Finer Six' and after the block was boiled it has some green paint on the block, the head states that it is a 'silver dome'

Most vintage Mopars were silver painted, but not sure of this one. getting parts for the rebuild was a 'B' :eek:but was able to get everthing I need to complete (I think):o This is a restoration that will be origional as possable and would like the proper engine color. Thanks for the help, James:)

I thank you for your responces, green and silver it is, will try to match the green that is already on it.

Edited by j49plymouth (see edit history)

Guest 1929model75

I can tell you a 29 Chrysler had that color there is a green used on 52 Fords that is a dead ringer it is called meadow green

I have a 1030 CK with the 'Finer Six' and after the block was boiled it has some green paint on the block, the head states that it is a 'silver dome'

Most vintage Mopars were silver painted, but not sure of this one. getting parts for the rebuild was a 'B' :eek:but was able to get everthing I need to complete (I think):o This is a restoration that will be origional as possable and would like the proper engine color. Thanks for the help, James:)

Here is one that is a very close match to the original colors, I believe.

post-37352-143138517577_thumb.jpg

Guest martylum

Hi-I restored 2 Desoto CK roadsters about 20 years ago. The engine in both cases was black with a silver head. Both got AACA 1st Juniors and then Seniors on the first try . There was plenty of black remaining on both blocks to make me feel confident this was the correct color.

Maartin lum

1930 Desoto CK roadster

Guest j49plymouth

Thanks Marty, the only paint residue after being hot tanked was a light green, under that bare iron. I am thinking this one (finer six) may have been the dark green that was bleached by the hot dip?? I haven't painted it as yet, so my options are still open.

If I'm not badly mistaken ... there were some 30 Chryslers that had a greenish engine block.

For some reason I painted mine a silver green back in 1977. I wouldn't have painted it that color if it was black from the factory.

Seems like it was a Pontiac engine paint that matched pretty close. Kind of a silver green.

Bill H

Guest martylum

Chrysler seems to have offered a variety of engine block colors on various brands. Some years ago I restored a 1932 Dodge DK-8. It's engine block seems to have been painted a kind of turquoisy blue underneath several coats of other colors.

Bill your 30 CJ engine is a slightly animal than the 30 Desoto engines so it probably did have a different paint treatment as it was sold by Chrysler dealers.

Marty Lum