WTB or Trade: Chrome Wheels

surfkurf

Hello all,<BR>I just picked up a set of 4 Buick Chrome wheels with the Large bolt pattern for a 60's - 70's Large Buick like LaSabre. They are 15x6, and have fresh Semi-gloss Black paint in the center. <P>I need the Small Bolt pattern 15" Wheels for my 72 Skylark. Rookie Mistake.<P>Anyone have a set to swap or will consider a Buy/Sell. My center caps are still on there way, so I shouldn't need them.<P>Anything else I should know about before I make another frustrating mistake???<BR>Thanks<BR>Joe

Guest John Chapman

Joe,<P>Easy mistake to make. The one thing you should be aware of is that 4.75" bolt pattern 15" rallye wheels are far less common than the 5.0" pattern that you have and consequently command a higher price.<P>JMC

Joe,<P>I have one 15" rally wheel with the 4.5" bolt pattern. It has a dent which could be straigtened out, otherwise it looks really good. It's yours if you will pay the shipping, it should be about $20 to ship one wheel.<P>If nothing else, this wheel should be a good reference for you so you will know what you are looking for. Or you could use it for the spare.<P>Mark<BR>mschmerbeck@austin.rr.com

Hi Mark,<BR>The Spare tire idea may not be a bad idea. But I'm a little confused again. Doesn't take much these days with 3 screaming little girls running around. :-)<P>Is the bolt pattern that I need a 4.75 or a 4.5? Was that a typo or are there really 3 bolt patterns?<P>Thanks<BR>Joe

Hi Joe,<BR>The bolt pattern for the skylark is 4 3/4" as is the chevelle, cutlass, etc: The large GMs Riviera, LaSabre, Oldsmobiles, Cadillacs etc use 5.0 bolt pattern: Ford & Chrysler use a 4 1/2" bolt pattern The reason you get various answers is that when the bolt circle is measured they sometimes are measured incorrectly. (This holds true for the earlier years .......now comes the metric mesurements> Paul rolleyes.gif" border="0

Joe,<P>Sorry, that WAS my typo. I meant to say 4.75", not 4.5". In any case it is the small bolt pattern, which is what you want and it is definitely a 15" Buick chrome wheel with the semigloss black lobes. In this context (60's & early to late 70's buick chrome wheels), there are only two bolt patterns that I know of - the 5", and the 4.75".<P>Mark

Thanks everyone for all the help. I wish I asked before I bought, shipped and polished the heck out of the 5.0 rims. My hands are still sore from a week ago. I can tell I do too much typing these days and not enough real work.<P>If anyone finds the right set of 4 please sent them my way. I will email Mark directly for the spare.<P>Thanks again...<BR>Joe