1925 Windshield Frame Question

MikeC5

I'm on the lookout for a lower windshield frame for a '25 touring car and I'm starting to wonder if my frame is really a 1925. I notice in all of the photos I can find, the corners of the lower frame have a kink rather than a smooth radius (see pics). Is this just a normal variation from suppliers or is this not a '25 frame? It certainly fits properly. It measures right at 39" across. Can someone put a tape measure on their '25 and see what you get?

post-74074-143138498332_thumb.jpg

post-74074-14313849835_thumb.jpg

post-74074-143138498365_thumb.jpg

Mike, while that frame fits fairly decent, it should indeed have the "kink" you mentioned, it should have pointed corners. Also the glass should be closer to the upper glass. Just to be sure, your doors are square bottom aren't they? Not rounded? Just making sure it is indeed a '25 model. the upper frame looks correct.

Curious why you are even replacing that one, I would blast it and then spray it with Ospho. It would be as strong as new and then go on with your repairs. I have fixed alot worse when replacement panels were not avail. But I guess if you can get a shiny new one and you have the money than that is defanitley the way to go, wouldnt throw that one out though as its got to be a whole lot better than what someone else is working with

This is prob. not the case here and I am not questioning anyone since I know virtually nothing about these earlier cars but after 28 it seemed that there was alot of using up parts if it fit mentality. I would wonder what the windshield could have possibly come off of if it fits so well as has been described before I abandoned this theory.

It fits so well around the cowl I also find it hard to believe it is just a coincidence. When I installed it on the cowl the windshield stanchions lined right up with the holes in the body too. I just hope I can replace this with the correct lower frame and not have to replace the entire assembly.

It fits the major part of the cowl but not at all in the corners. I have had and still do have several 24-26 tourings and roadsters and they all have the points in the corners. Look at cars today and throughout time. Is anybodys brand of cars really designed all that different from the others? Doesn't surprise me at all that something from another brand of car can be made to work and look very similar.

I see what you mean now also by the corners, I am assuming that the windshield is supposed to fit against the cowl all the way to the very corner where the upright stanchion begins. You are right about cars being very similar and sometimes built on same platforms even. Winshield frame has the same patina as the rest of the car so I gues maybe it has been there a very long time.