T-3 HEAD LIGHTS

WILLIAMSALISBURY

I have some that you are looking for. I have a '68 Electra, which uses the same bulbs. I have 1 low beam and 2 high beams which I will swap with you for what you have now. I don't enter my car in shows, so not haveing the correct year is not important to me. These are not NOS, but in good shape. E-mail me at electra@flite.net if interested. John.

As was stated in the last copy of the Buick Bugle , the T3 headlights are available from LECTRIC LIMITED<BR>7322 s Archer<BR>Justice Illinois<BR>(708)563-0400<P>I ordered a set for my 1960 Electra on wednesday of last week and they were at my office by friday. Total cost for a NEW, CORRECT set of bulbs was $108.03 including shipment.<BR>Their catalog shows they carry a wide selection of electrical parts for all GM type cars. I'll give them a thumbs up, as they were wonderful to buy from. smile.gif" border="0

Guest COMPACTBC

When you say you lost 6 points at the Buffalo National, does that mean you lost the points because you did not have T3 lights or that a judge was sharp enough to see that you had the WRONG T3 lights? confused.gif" border="0

William,<P>Did you have your GS parked next to the '67 GS340 at the Buffalo meet? I only remember 3 '68 GS's at the meet, I had the cameo cream colored / white top '68 GS400 convertible and I remember one other black '68 GS400 Convertible. Other than the deduction for the headlights how did you do?<P>Thanks,<BR>Mike

William,<P>I can't believe I missed your car, sounds like a real nice GS. I scored 345 points, this was also my first "judged" meet (lost 10 points for "non authentic wheels")I could not prove at the time that they were original '68 Buick wheels, oh well. Good luck next year, I will not be able to attend that meet.<P>Mike cool.gif" border="0

Mike, what's wrong with your wheels? I didn't look that closely at them. The black convertible and the red '69 GS 400 4-speed both belong to Gary and Karen Legree from Toronto, I had offered Gary the redlines off my '68 Conv if he had been there sooner on Saturday we would have swapped as he has 15'ers on the red car. He did very well with both cars for a first time judging. I have a bunch of correct wheels but none are in that good shpae for judging, went through a bunch to find the best ones for my car!<BR>Roberta

Guest COMPACTBC

Hmmm,I guess SOME of these BCA judges are really getting good (some would say picky)if they know the suttle differences in the T3 headlights. rolleyes.gif" border="0

This is why the Buick Driving Enthusiasts was started! The cost of something as simple as a head light makes it easier to choose. When I joined this organization ,if your lights worked well enough to drive the car to the meet,it was excepted without question, as it was a given that you drove to the meet. <BR> wink.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

Roberta,<P>My wheels are the Buick wheels with the stainless steel trim rings and chrome centers, they look just like the all chrome buick wheel. I now have info that shows that they were available in '68. The part numbers are listed in the buick parts book.<P>Mike<p>[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: caGSxlr8 ]

Guest 70 Electra

William,<BR>I have (only) one pair of NOS Hi-beam T3's for sale with the correct vertical lines for 68-71. These are genuine NOS, not "used" or repro. In case you have not yet located what you need, I have emailed you directly with details. Please feel free to contact me directly if you are interested.<P>Thanks,