Do you remember these?

Guest windjamer

Guest windjamer
:D Red ball service ment we would check oil and clean your w/sheild (weather permiting) or your purchess was free. Up to $2. The boss,s father helped out pumping gas and though he never failed to check oil,he would sometimes be a little slack on window cleaning. Dad was past 70, and known to be a little grumpy at times and Never bashfull. One cloudy day with a minor sprinkle now and then he pumped gas checked the oil and collected the money and went back inside. The driver came right in behind him and demanded his $2. The old man pointed to the sign and told him the weather wasnt permiting.,he also said that the money was in the register and the only way the driver would get it was to take it from the old mans pocket and that wasnt going to happen. About then the boss came in gave the driver $2. and thanked him for coming in. The old man got so mad he went home and didnt show up for a week:D He used to sit on the window ledge and watch for cars, One day I put a drop of super glue on a dime and stuck it to the floor in front of where sit,thats anouther story.:D:D

Sitting right here in front of me is a telephone made like a Corvette that I got at an Exxon station maybe in the late '80's or early '90's for filling up 10 times. It the only phone we have that will work when the power fails so when the power goes off we have to use the "car phone." Does anyone remember Texaco selling fire trucks in th '60's for $4.95 with a fill-up? I got one over in Rockbridge County and gave it to a small cousin. It was about 25 inches long. Wish now I had got another one for myself.

Guest Oldengineer
OLDENGINEER...Read your post to fast and thought you said apollo moon pies...whew!

Foggy:

I remember those well. My dad used to sell them on the fountain in his drugstore. Tasted like a chocolate covered balsa wood block.

Regards:

Oldengineer

The orange plastic "HORSESHOES" that were a giveaway from GULF NO-NOX.

We would stick them on the dented area of our cars, as if the car were kicked by a mule to make the dent

ShopRat,

An old man giving candy and Moonpies to a little girl ?

Today they would probably lock him up first, and then build a case.....

ShopRat,

An old man giving candy and Moonpies to a little girl ?

Today they would probably lock him up first, and then build a case.....

Marty,

You are probably right about that. I am glad that wasn't the case back then. He was just a nice man that liked our family and appreciated our patronage at his gas station. :)

• 8 years later...