Haynes 1917 Light Six original blueprints

Guest Straightpin

Guest Straightpin

Hey everyone im new to this but a friend reffered me to this club. My great grandfather was an engineer for Haynes Automobile Company and passed down the original blueprints for the 1917 Light Six, definately not looking to sell these. They hold to much of my family history, but i was wondering, if anyone had any history on this car, i cant find hardly anything on it. If anyone has any suggestions on history and i would like to find an appraisal value on them, anything would really help.

:) We own a 1917 Haynes Touring Car, Model 36. Great Car. There are two books regarding Elwood Haynes.

1. Alloys & Automobiles, The life of Elwood Haynes, by Ralph D. Gray

Can't find the other book at the moment. But you can also contact the Haynes Museum in Kokomo Indiana regarding your original blueprints.

Great museum. We visited it last year. They will probably be able to give you an appraisal on the blueprints.

As soon as I locate the other Haynes book I will e-mail you again.

Ray & Linda McFarland

Salem, NJ

I can't help with Haynes history but just wanted to say original blueprints like that are a rare commodity and a true historical document. Keep them out of the light as much as possible and in a climate controlled environment. It would be best to store them flat rather than rolled or folded, a real document conservator could give you more complete advice, perhaps the museum mentioned would have someone like that.

I have a positive photocopy of a plan for a 1910 Franklin that I have framed and hanging on my wall, the hand drafting that produced these plans is a lost art today.