93 Buick Regal emergency brake cable

maitken

I need help locating a replacement emergency brake cable for my 1993 Regal.The local dealer says they are obsolete but that doesn't seem possible . I am talking about the cable from the interior pedal to the rear brakes.

Any help you can offer would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

You might also find them in ACDelco. Many times, "carline" will discontinue something but ACDelco will have it for many years longer. It might need a little modification to fit, due to the more "universal" or "multi-fit" orientation, but that's been my observation for YEARS.

For example, I needed one for my '77 Camaro. GM originally showed a right and left, but ACDelco listings show them to be the same for each side--that's what I meant by "multi-fit".

The other thing is that I strongly suspect that the same cable which comes from teh interior goes to each of the rear wheels. Usually, the front piece is a shorter piece which will attach to the foot pedal, which will then interface with the cables which actually go to the wheels. That's usually how they are done, from my obervations, but I haven't looked specifically for one on a '93 era Regal per se.

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467